Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Tele-Xenar 4/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Tele-Xenar 4/135mm Reply with quote

Here another old lens which I bought many years ago

Pro: Cheap price (30-50 Euro), very sharp
Con: Focus only > 4 meters, adapter expensive

Nex-7, adapter stacking Kipon DKL-Nikon and then NEX to Nikon, the lens above, tripod, Capture one

ISO 100 1/500 sec.

ISO 100 1/10 sec.

Pentax K5 & Rollei HFT Planar 1.8/50mm

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long minimum focus can be partially remedied, at least on mirrorless, with helicoid adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any canon ef lenses anymore but I kept all my adapters because they "adapter stack" to a multitude of cheap adapters. C/Y, Olympus, Nikon, Pentax, DKL, m42, Exakta, probably others. Most of those adapters can be had for under 10 dollars. If you go the Techart AF route get the Sony to LM version. Then a LM to EF and again you can adapt all of the above. Additionally you can get LM to AR and LM to MD. That setup allows 99% of SLR lenses from the Golden era to be used via AF on your Sony E mount camera.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Retina IIIS is long retired, jammed with a disconnected meter coupling, but the lenses are still in use on my Pentax DSLRs via an adaptor, which wasn't so cheap, is a bit "sloppy", but, with care, works perfectly Smile
I overcome any close focus issues with a conventional set of extension tubes, or even an old-fashioned set of B.P.M. bellows Wink
The 85mm f/4 Tele-Arton is a particular favourite … physically as small as both the 35mm f/2.8 Curtagon and the 50mm f/2.8 Xenar, the three really do make for a "pocketful of primes" Wink