Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meike 50mm f1.7 Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Meike 50mm f1.7 Sony A7 Reply with quote

I’ve not seen this lens on the forum yet, so for something different here you go:

[/url]

I’ve been really impressed with it, all for the price of a decent legacy 50mm f1.7.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Do you have some bokeh shots?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully these two give an indication of its bokeh:

[/url]
[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find plenty of samples here: https://alikgriffin.com/meike-50mm-f1-7-review-sample-photos/

I find the bokeh a bit muddy. Bokeh balls have soft edges. You can get decent smooth bokeh if the background isn't too close or busy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through examples from Chinese lenses, I stumbled upon your samples. Wow, this shot really rocks, making a perfect use of the lens' character thanks to the balanced choice of distance.

noddywithoutbigears wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Looking through examples from Chinese lenses, I stumbled upon your samples. Wow, this shot really rocks, making a perfect use of the lens' character thanks to the balanced choice of distance.

noddywithoutbigears wrote:

Thank you, unfortunately I no longer have the lens but I always rated it, I still think it’s great value.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing this lens out!
Although for the price, personally, I'd rather have a 50/1.4 Canon FD which to me seems sharper, more three-dimensional and quite a bit more characterful. But that's just my opinion...