Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 5.6 / 500 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject: Pentacon 5.6 / 500 MC Reply with quote

Hi all

I was doing a trawl of local charity shops and Oxfam in Sherwood, Nottingham had a rather fabulous lens .

A pentacon 5.6 / 500 MC , serial number started 86.

To my eye it was in great condition , hardly used , I think it was in a Pentax mount .

It weighed a tonne , the manager said one potential customer mounted it on his camera and it worked fine .

I didn't really have use for it , but told the manager I'd post a message on here as I am sure someone would be interested.

He said he'd sell it for £60 to a local person , but the cost to mail it out will be high.

If you are interested contact the shop

Oxfam Shop Sherwood

Telephone : 0115 962 5813

Address :

650 Mansfield Rd, Sherwood, Nottingham, NG5 2GA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the similar "Pentaconar" made by Meyer in görlitz after the "Pentacon kombinat" swallowed them, but named before the VEB decided on a new unitary naming scheme.

It is the same construction as the Meyer labelled predecessor (Orestegor). Luckily its leather box has a shoulder length carrying strap since it is both bulky and heavy- No colour fringes and reasonably sharp, but with single coating it does not like very bright backgrounds. I posted an unsharpened but level-corrected snap on Digicam-club-de some time ago.

p.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
I have the similar "Pentaconar" made by Meyer in görlitz after the "Pentacon kombinat" swallowed them, but named before the VEB decided on a new unitary naming scheme.

It is the same construction as the Meyer labelled predecessor (Orestegor). Luckily its leather box has a shoulder length carrying strap since it is both bulky and heavy- No colour fringes and reasonably sharp, but with single coating it does not like very bright backgrounds. I posted an unsharpened but level-corrected snap on Digicam-club-de some time ago.

p.

Paul, the one at Oxfam has the leather case and shoulder strap