Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall 2 28mm f/2.5 on Fuji GFX 50R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall 2 28mm f/2.5 on Fuji GFX 50R Reply with quote

Wide open @ f/2.5

Evening stars by Artem, on Flickr

Vintage autumn by Artem, on Flickr

Timothy by Artem, on Flickr

@ f/11

Outta here by Artem, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. Even wide angle has a wide enough image circle for 44*33mm. I see the price of this camera is now €2999 in the Netherlands (500 less refurbished) something to consider.

Of course this is not an advice I would give Stephan :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Amazing. Even wide angle has a wide enough image circle for 44*33mm. I see the price of this camera is now €2999 in the Netherlands (500 less refurbished) something to consider.

Of course this is not an advice I would give Stephan :p

Oh, I actually have been using the Fuji 50MP cameras for professional work, usually with Mamiya Sekor C 4/80mm or better Sekor A 4/120mm Macro lenses.

I'm quite aware of the potential to use lenses such as the Minolta MC 1.4/58mm or the MC/MD 2.5/100mm on this camera Wink. I fact I have several adapters here ...

S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't need my advice. Given or not Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos. The flowers really have 3D pop to my eyes. Was this default JPEG or some in camera effect or it is RAW processed?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results Arutemu. Like 1 small
Your cat don't seem to appreciate much to be close photographed. Wink

stevemark wrote:

Oh, I actually have been using the Fuji 50MP cameras for professional work, usually with Mamiya Sekor C 4/80mm or better Sekor A 4/120mm Macro lenses.

I'm quite aware of the potential to use lenses such as the Minolta MC 1.4/58mm or the MC/MD 2.5/100mm on this camera Wink. I fact I have several adapters here ...

S

Hi Steve.
What adapters do you use ?

I'm also wondering wether GFx50 is good for macrophotography. What lenses would you choose ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this lens quite abit on APS-C and full frame (film), a step ahead of older 28mm lenses wide open.
Great to see it on GFX! Very impressive 22.18mm ff equivalent, but with heavy vignetting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Very nice results Arutemu. Like 1 small
Your cat don't seem to appreciate much to be close photographed. Wink

stevemark wrote:

S

Hi Steve.
What adapters do you use ?

I have a Novoflex for Mamiya Sekor C lenses, two Fotodiox Pro adapters (Minolta MD and Hasselblad), and a Kipon for Olympus OM.

Olivier wrote:
I'm also wondering wether GFx50 is good for macrophotography. What lenses would you choose ?

In 2020 I had to shoot about 50 rare old objects - mainly silver and gold stuff - in a Swiss museum, partly dating back to Roman times. High Res was required, and I was about to buy the 50MP GFX. However, my favourite photo dealer recommended to first lease the camera, and thoroughly testing it. I did as recommended, shooting in parallel both with the GFX and the A7RII. The GFX had slightly more detail, but only for landscapes and flat objects. While shooting 3D objects (e. g. chalices or golden celtic caskets) the resolution was limited by diffraction rather than by the sensor.

In addition, the A7 series and even more so the A900 series often gave nicer JPGs than the GFX, especially for landscapes. So finally I decided not to buy the GFX, but to get a lot of interesting vintage stuff instead Wink

Ah yeah, I did use mainly the Mamiya Sekor A 4/120mm Macro lens which is a terrific lens (APO I would say; no CAs visible). On the GFX, it's best around f5.6 ... f8. Interestingly, even the good old Mamiya Sekor C 4/80mm Macro has nearly no CAs and very good resolution at f8 (on the GFX, too). On the A7RII I did work with the Sekor A 4/120mm Macro, the Minolta AF 2.8/100mm Macro and the AF 2.8/50mm Macro. The Mamiya was best also on the A7RII, but the Minolta 100mm wasn't much behind (some CAs visible).

S

Entire image, re-sized to 1200x900px (GFX plus Sekor A 4/120mm Macro):

100% crop from the above image:

Entire image, re-sized to 1200x800px (A7RII plus Minolta AF 2.8/100mm Macro):

100% crop from the above image:

S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Steve.
Very nice results.
I’ll have a look at the Sekor 4/120mm macro. 🙂

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive.
I have in the past done some pics with the adaptall 02B 28mm against lenses like the sigma miniwide II. The results were very comparable, the miniwide II tended to be better wide open vs wide open (f2.5 vs f2.8 ) IIRC.
I can suggest it's a bit of an underrated lens, available for next to nothing if you look around...
I don't know how it compares to the earlier adaptall cw28 that was f2.8 not f2.5 (tho the 24mm's were both f2.5, no idea why the difference.)