Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KONICA MACRO 55MM F3.5 & NIKKOR MACRO 55MM F3.5 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: KONICA MACRO 55MM F3.5 & NIKKOR MACRO 55MM F3.5 AIS Reply with quote

KONICA MACRO 55MM F3.5 & NIKKOR MACRO 55MM F3.5 AIS

Hi everyone, I have a question about these two macro lenses.

Which lens is sharper?
Which lens should I choose for insect photography?
Can anyone give me a reference image of these two lenses when shooting macro?

Thankyou!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both. I still have the Nikkor. But I would recommend a larger focal length for insect photography so you can keep distance from the subject. Canon FD 100/4 is a good and affordable option.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mint copy in the box of an Asahi pentax 100mm f4 for sale. 10% discount for forum users.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265606727796

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have over 10 normal FL macro lenses from a verity of manufacturers, they are for the most part all very good performers that will require highly controlled test shots of the same subject to tease out details that will show their differences.
IMO, the shooters skill is far more impactful on the results than the 0.1% difference in performance between the lenses.