Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phase One 645DF camera metering modes don't change
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Phase One 645DF camera metering modes don't change Reply with quote

I have the following problem. I obtained Phase One 645DF camera. There is function for the metering mode changes (see the exception from the user manual):

The function on the body stays at the “Center spot exposure metering”. When I press the exposure metering mode button [A] there appears on the display the empty square. However, when I turn either the front or rear dial there is no change in that square at all! After some time it simply returns back, to the main display. An whatever I did – trying different sets of functions, nothing helped.

So, the camera is permanently locked upon the “Center spot exposure metering”. Nothing terrible, but I would prefer to have choices anyway.

I was certain, that something is wrong with that certain camera. Then, I obtained the body of Phase One 645DF+. To have the backup shutter possibility (because I learned that there frequently happen problems with it, and the replacement is very expensive). And what? I discovered there exactly the same problem!

I am not able to believe, that there are the similar wrongs with both cameras! So, I suspect, that maybe I don’t understand something exactly in the user manual. Bat what? Has anybody had any experience with that cameras – to give me the advice what is wrong?

Also – I have to rise up more than two stops of the compensation, to obtain the right exposition.

I use the same P25 back for both cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/phase-one-645df-with-manual-lens-spot-meter-only.30680/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/phase-one-645df-with-manual-lens-spot-meter-only.30680/

The greatest thanks for the information! Like 1

So, then it is not the bug, it is the feature. Laugh 1