Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Snaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Snaps Reply with quote

Wootton Bassett A small market town

The Town hall originally 17th century, restored a 100 years ago and re done in the
90’s
Zenitar 16mm. Corrected.

Tamron SP 28-80mm

Fake Pin Hole shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Rob
the correction on the zenitar is impressive
the colors of the sp 28-80 are interesting
the pinhole don't convince me as I have seen many perfect true pinhole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely taken pictures Rob, the Zenitar looks great. Your correction of the vertical lines looks a little over-done to me, however. My eyes expect the top of a church tower to look smaller than the base because of the perspective, and making the lines perfectly vertical gives the tower the optical illusion of being larger at the top than the bottom. Is that the reason the top of the churchyard wall looks curved too? I wouldn't mind seeing the uncorrected versions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about converging verticals. You’re dammed if you don’t straighten them and damned if you do. In 90% of cases I like straight.
The wall is curved, The Road is a sharp bend. The fisheye Zenitar only just got the shot.

Sorry about the Fake pinhole shot. I am just being facetious. I don’t have much opinion about pinhole photography.

(Sacrilege, string him up!) Laughing