Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon DX, which wideangle to choose?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Yashinon DX, which wideangle to choose? Reply with quote

Hi,

here are my current three yashica lenses the dx 50 f1.7, 135 f2.8, and the ds 50 f1.9.

Tuzki with lens
Won`t sell them . Personally i think they all perform very good on Canon APSC. Well built.

Now im thinking about which dx "wideangle" is better the 35 or 28 dx version. Yeah i did read that the 28 might be very weak at the edges. However does this also affect it on apsc? So should i choose an 35 mm version?.

My vivitar 35 1:2.8 No 37x (made by Tokina ? ) is sharp except the extreme edges on all apertures.

kind regards bluedxca93

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be 2 different 35mm's
https://lens-db.com/yashica-auto-yashinon-dx-35mm-f28/ (but that site can be wrong) I wouldn't worry about edges on aps-c a 28 is 42mm equivalent. I think that is more useful than 52mm equivalent from a 35mm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashinon DX 200/4 is also very nice, and moreover very good looking, if that matters.
Also pretty cheap, last I looked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a 24mm (quite big) https://lens-db.com/yashica-auto-yashinon-ds-m-24mm-f28/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the reason why i asked about edge sharpness.

@D1N0 Yes there are 24 and 28 mm ds-m Versions. Coating is better but even rarer to find for an reasonable price.
Will need to search a bit this and next year.

Two versions of 35 mm dx? Wont be a surprise since i had two different 1.7 50dx . One was very weak at infinity focus. My current one is much sharper.