Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FL recommendations for a rangefinder kit for FF Digital
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: FL recommendations for a rangefinder kit for FF Digital Reply with quote

So I am in the process of assembling my Rangefinder lens kit, and was wondering what FLs most people are using . Goal is to keep the kit small and easily transportable

I will keep a 35MM right now auditioning a Nikon 35 F2.5, and a Canon 35 F1.8.

At 50 I have a bunch of candidates based on prior recommendations, and I tend to like 50s so I will keep a fast 50 in the 1.2-1.5 range, and may keep another 50 if I can find one with a unique rendering. I have some good Full sized 50s so set here.

On the long side I will Most likely keep a Nikon 105 2.6, or poddinly a Canon 80 F1.9, but I have a good 80 in biggie size, leaning toward the 105, as doing double duty covering the 85 and 135 lenses

I have mint canon and Nikon 135s but 135 has never clicked with me so I don't know, if I will keep either...

Where I am stuck is looking for small and reasonably affordable 28 or wider. I seem to be striking out here. I don't want to be slower than f4.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm coming from the other side; i.e. I built up a large collection of RF lenses already before I added the A7R II to my set of cameras.
However, I still didn't test/compare them all on the A7R II yet.

I'm also still experimenting to find the best solution in terms of size, weight and quality for hiking and travelling purposes. There are always pros and cons.
The usage of small RF lenses is certainly a good option hence I bought the Techart Pro AF adapter as well.

Anyway, I'm still unclear which set of lenses and which camera to take on my next tour through the Alps starting in two weeks from now, most probably a mixture of adapted and original lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas, In a similar quandry, for vacations this summer. I have a single whole to fill at the wide side something in the 20-24 range, that is reasonably affordable. The Contax G 21 is very tempting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatorengineer64 wrote:
I have a single whole to fill at the wide side something in the 20-24 range, that is reasonably affordable. The Contax G 21 is very tempting.

In this range I've got the Voigtländer CV Color Skopar 21mm/F4 in M39/LTM which is really tiny.
However, for infinity landscape usage I would recommend F8 on the A7R II. From there on it provides sharpness across the whole frame. At F5.6 the outer corners are still a little blurry.