Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for someone to assist in a lens purchase.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Looking for someone to assist in a lens purchase. Reply with quote

A member has provided a lead for a lens I've been looking for(thanks),
Only there is a problem, the seller is in Europe and has excluded North America for shipping,
I've tried getting sellers to ship here before, some have agreed to but it's a big pain for them because the site seems to actively make it difficult to do.
I'm not even sure this is against MFL rules.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that feeling, As Europe is now split, Europe and part of the UK. It means in the UK we are now in the same boat as North America as far as the EU is concerned.

Means I am as happy to buy anywhere in the world but the EU, They can not forgive us, as that might seem like Carte Blanch for others to leave.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we are the enemy

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we are now a foreign country, out of the EU, which is what brexiteers wanted.
So that means customs slips on everything, and any prospective purchasers in EU have to consider possible VAT and duty. I have have no doubt this is going to cost me sales, may already have.
Not that that's going to stop the barking numptys carrying on a la K Williams "infamy infamy they've got it in for me..."

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What country are we talking about ,anyway? There's the European Union easy market and the countries that are out of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And shipping across borders is more expensive than within countries. So it would be best to have someone from the same country the Item is in help you.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Italy, between 60 & 80 € BIN + shipping.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough one. Intermediate should be from Italy. There is quite high shipping fee there even inside EU.

Last edited by Pancolart on Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is living in Rome I believe

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of information I found regarding the subject. There might be better explanations and it could be a good idea to collect all in a "sticky".

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/buying_online_from_uk_after_brexit.html

Last edited by lumens pixel on Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends. Large webstores probably have a European warehouse so they avoid customs hassle and costs for their customers. When Buying from ebay the international shipping program will usually be cheaper because you avoid the more expensive handling cost of your local post company. Pitney Bowes takes care of that, so you pay everything up front. Otherwise factor in a 21% (or whatever VAT in your country is) mark up plus handling costs you post company charges (€13 for me). They send directly to the post office and I pick it up and pay there. If the price is over €150 add another 6% (or whatever the import tariff is for the item you are buying).

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are curious.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Konica-Hexanon-2-8-35mm-baionetta-KONICA-F-a-preselezione-con-paraluce-/353481061651

It says F mount, but I'm confident it's AR.

Thanks MFLers, love my enablers.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens in my hands, a huge thank you goes out to alex ph for making it possible, the definition of going above and beyond. Happy Dog

Thank you to fdlenses for offering to help. Like 1 small
And thank you to Zamo for the eBay lead. Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Konica-Hexanon-2-8-35mm-baionetta-KONICA-F-a-preselezione-con-paraluce-/353481061651

Me too Wink

However (silly question from someone who doesn't know much about the Konica F/AR system):

I have a F mount 2.8/35mm and a early AR mount 2.8/35mm, both without preset aperture. Why would they - in between those two lenses - produce a preset version??

S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I have the lens in my hands, a huge thank you goes out to alex ph for making it possible, the definition of going above and beyond. Happy Dog

Thank you to fdlenses for offering to help. Like 1 small
And thank you to Zamo for the eBay lead. Like 1

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire thread a dope slap for me.

While I continue very much to enjoy MF lenses, I have become a bit inactive in the hobby these last several years.

So I was initially confused by need to buy such a commonplace (or so I thought) lens outside North America. I even copied and pasted the German description, from eBay, into a translator in hope of learning what I was missing. But that exercise revealed nothing unanticipated.

I bought my first copy of this lens for five bucks US about sixteen years ago. Since then I acquired at least two additional copies for small money. I always liked this lens and I realize it is very well regarded.

But I had no clue about the extent to which the Hexanon 40mm had escalated in price. Holy cow!! Shocked

Back when I was collecting heavily I acquired a number of Hexanon lenses; always liked 'em. I own, for example, a brand new in the original carton Hexanon 35mm f2. Those always used to be worth much more than the 40mm Hexanons. Today? I dunno.

Obviously need to do some homework. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
This entire thread a dope slap for me.
So I was initially confused by need to buy such a commonplace (or so I thought) lens outside North America. I even copied and pasted the German description, from eBay, into a translator in hope of learning what I was missing. But that exercise revealed nothing unanticipated.

I bought my first copy of this lens for five bucks US about sixteen years ago. Since then I acquired at least two additional copies for small money. I always liked this lens and I realize it is very well regarded.

But I had no clue about the extent to which the Hexanon 40mm had escalated in price. Holy cow!! Shocked

The original thread (and the ebay listing linked above) is NOT about the 40mm Hexanon, but about a preset AR 2.8/35mm lens. Check the link again, and read carefully - see "original listing" !!

S

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: deletetd (errorenous double posting). Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

The original thread (and the ebay listing linked above) is NOT about the 40mm Hexanon, but about a preset AR 2.8/35mm lens. Check the link again, and read carefully - see "original listing" !!

S

Got it! Thanks

I was fooled by eBay trying to sell me something else. Did not catch their shenanigans as I should have.

I do remember now this is the stunt eBay pulls when you try to access an item no longer available. Do not use eBay all that much now for lens purchases. Should have remembered regardless, since not the first time this happened to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eBay listing was incorrectly titled as 'Konica Hexanon F 35/2.8 preset' but it wasn't a Konica F mount but was actually an AR mount preset, a rare lens.

There is another AR 35/2.8 on eBay right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164643732593

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

Me too Wink

However (silly question from someone who doesn't know much about the Konica F/AR system):

I have a F mount 2.8/35mm and a early AR mount 2.8/35mm, both without preset aperture. Why would they - in between those two lenses - produce a preset version??

S

They produced both a preset and an auto version for each mount, why? I can't answer or even come up with a plausible reason beyond having significant stock of the preset they want to minimize losses from, well my preset AR has a higher serial than my F mount auto, so I don't know if you can deduce anything from that.

I will say that I prefer the older F mount focus ring grip, it's more grippy and unique.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
The eBay listing was incorrectly titled as 'Konica Hexanon F 35/2.8 preset' but it wasn't a Konica F mount but was actually an AR mount preset, a rare lens.

There is another AR 35/2.8 on eBay right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164643732593

Price is as crazy as this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333335460130

I just bough the very same lens (Konica AR 2.8/35mm "compact" [5/5]) for CHF 32.-- ... Just arrived today, looks absolutely like new and performs nearly as good as the Minolta MD-III 2.8/35mm (at infinity). Which means I now have all the re-calculated Konica AR wideangles (2.8/21mm, 2.8/24mm "compact", 3.5/28mm [5/5] and 2.8/35mm [5/5]).

S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that price is crazy, not as crazy as the FD SSC 55/1.2 Aspherical, the current prides make my head hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a nice copy of the early version of the AR 52/1.8 https://www.ebay.com/itm/114793088343
I wish it was a preset, but since they never made one this one will have to do.
I'm disappointed Konica didn't port the F 52/1.4 into an AR mount option, I believe they replaced it with the 57/1.4, I'll have to double check that. buhla.de confirmed it.
Some pics from the 52/1.4 https://www.flickriver.com/search/Hexanon+52mm+f1.4/