Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Kreuznach Beaulieu Optivaron 6-66mm 1.8 help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Schneider Kreuznach Beaulieu Optivaron 6-66mm 1.8 help Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I have a 8mm Beaulieu camera with a Optivaron 6-66mm f/1.8 collecting dust. Have anyone tested this lens? Is it worth getting a C-mount adapter to try it or should I just sell it?

I know that image circle will be tiny on my a7 but if it has interesting character I can crop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Schneider Kreuznach Beaulieu Optivaron 6-66mm 1.8 help Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Hello everyone.
I have a 8mm Beaulieu camera with a Optivaron 6-66mm f/1.8 collecting dust. Have anyone tested this lens? Is it worth getting a C-mount adapter to try it or should I just sell it?

I know that image circle will be tiny on my a7 but if it has interesting character I can crop.

I can only say that I used that lens and that camera in 80s, before the videotape, and it was just gorgeous for its era. I guess that it could give you a good image circle at longest FL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wager $10 to try it... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that I have to get the adapter so that I can provide the internet with some sample photos!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it C mount? If its 8mm it could be d mount. I wonder also if the lens will get close enough to the sensor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Cmount Reply with quote

I just had a look at my old super8 stuff, Beaulieu used the C mount and as I recall from when I tried one of its angenieux zooms on my PenF MFT they vignetted much more than prime focus lenses. The only cine zoom just barely working on MFT was one designed for ENG broadcast use with its built in extender switched on and careful adjustment of the rear focus correction.

p.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it seems to be C mount.

I didn't think about flange distance. That could be why there are no samples with this lens online other than short analog movie clips. If it works I expect a tiny image circle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on youtube tested it on a Canon EOS M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbsgCFvWo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ptZclTEJmM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got the adapter and did some tests, it was not the easiest thing to get pictures but here are a few.

The results are.. artistic Very Happy

#1 6mm fullframe uncropped

#3 66mm

#4 66mm

#5 66mm

#6 66mm

#7 17mm

#13 inside of the lens