Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta VX 1000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Exakta VX 1000 Reply with quote

I have already a VX IIB , how about VX 1000 ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VX1000 has mirror return unlike Varex IIb and previous models, otherwise very little in it featurewise.

It might not feel quite as smooth in operation though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So doesn't matter in practical usage, thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
So doesn't matter in practical usage, thank you!

No, it'll feel like any other SLR albeit unmetered and a bit hefty.

It's also the newest of the cloth FP shutter Exaktas so the curtains themselves are more likely to be in good shape - I've got three VX 1000 from mint to well used but all have good shutter curtains.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, can be important also.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The possibility also exists for Exakta mechanics to be removed from one body as an assembly and dropped into another with the proviso that you check the focusing at the film plane. Some bodies had shims under the lens mount to correct/provide proper focus so you need to check for correct focus if you do a transplant.

What that means is that if you have a cosmetically scabby body with excellent mechanics and curtains and a cosmetically mint body with poor curtains/mechanics, you can swap them over as long as they're both the same model. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm searching an Exakta VX or IIa (the ones with the name engraved) with waist level finder instead.
The more I use the waist level finder the more I don't want to switch back to digital camera viewfinders.

Actually is even fun because when I shot vertical people think you're not shooting them but to the other side Laughing . Great for street photography.

I just ordered a bunchload of film to use this summer with my Pentacon Six and Praktica FX2 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be aware that the standard WLF on either the Varex VX or Varex IIa will most likely have a simple ground glass screen with no focus aids like a microprism or split view.

The later Varex IIa and onwards had a different WLF in which you could fit different screens with focus aids - only problem is finding the screens should you need them.... Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the dark tunnels of the digital viewfinders even the WLF of the Praktica FX2 seems a bright and warm sun Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

I am fine with Olympus E-1 finder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, if you can focus with the FX2, you won't have any problem with the Exakta.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I just have to find one of them in good condition and at a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with decent curtains....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
And with decent curtains....

Yep, this is stopping me from going to eBay.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's one of those cameras that you really need to see before you buy or not.

Or get from a trustworthy and knowledgeable seller.