Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor C 90mm 3.8 (RB67) reversed for macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor C 90mm 3.8 (RB67) reversed for macro Reply with quote

Bought this monster a long time ago by mistake. The listing was meager and I was under the mistaken impression it would fit the 645 system based on a dumb conclusion by me. Anyway it sat in the back of a bin for quite some time while I got involved with other things. It wasn't a huge amount of money so "oh well"... Digging through bins I came across it the other day and says "hmmm maybe...." found the appropriate reverse ring and a helicoid to get pretty close focus.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking pretty good!
A lens that often draws my attention is the Mamiya 140/4.5 macro for RB67. They are very cheap in Japan. Unfortunately the adapter for Sony E is quite expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
. . .

Lovely blossoms!

Is that larger, lavender flower a rose? I love the light in the second photo in your most recent post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The blue plant is a violet (viola odorata). The lighting on that shot you liked was actually the most basic. It is just sunlight diffused through a (rather dirty) polycarbonate patio roof. The others shots of the rose I was playing with a mirror bouncing sunlight to tryfor more dramatic lighting.