Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where is the internal lamp?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Where is the internal lamp? Reply with quote

Today, I met one of my collector friends again who lives close by and he showed me his Franka collection which is pretty impressive, but what really completely amazed me was this:

(Photos curtesy of www.stefanheymann.de)

This is the view through the waist-level viewfinder of this cam:

His Hasselblad 501C (The picture shows a 501CM, but they look pretty similar.)

He told me before I looked through it: "Don't be afraid because it's so bright!"

And, hell, it is bright!!!

I've never seen such viewfinder before! Absolutely amazing. All I could think of was: "Where is the internal lamp that shines on the screen?" Wink

I guess, if you have worked with such a cam once, you don't want to go back...

Look here what you can do with it:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=501C&w=all&s=int

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meeow.

Whats the differences between the 500C and the 501C? I see 500C going now and then quite cheaply. I mean like 300€.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this helps: http://www.stefanheymann.de/501cm/historie.htm

"+ Acute Matte D Mattscheibe (helleres Sucherbild)"
The screen is even brighter in the 501C...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Perhaps this helps: http://www.stefanheymann.de/501cm/historie.htm

"+ Acute Matte D Mattscheibe (helleres Sucherbild)"
The screen is even brighter in the 501C...

Hm. I thought the viewfinder was interchangable inbetween different HB's.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depend from photographer I know somebody who has Hassi and Canon XXD he made crapy pictures with both and I know many people here who are make very nice images with 10$ cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
All depend from photographer I know somebody who has Hassi and Canon XXD he made crapy pictures with both and I know many people here who are make very nice images with 10$ cameras.

Attila, I did not aim at showing what a great cam this is (it is, but that was not my intention). I just wanted to tell you how impressed I was by this incredibly bright viewfinder!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to the average SLR 12" portable TV screen viewfinder, the RB67 finder is like a 50" plasma.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Compared to the average SLR 12" portable TV screen viewfinder, the RB67 finder is like a 50" plasma.... Laughing

Excellent simile! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:

Attila, I did not aim at showing what a great cam this is (it is, but that was not my intention). I just wanted to tell you how impressed I was by this incredibly bright viewfinder!

You have absolutely right, my post wasn't a right answer for your post.I wouldn't like to hurt you I apologize if I did it.
Nowadays so many film camera available on amazing low prices, still I believe most important thing is the output, the final product. I still hesitate to back to film , but if I see Larry's amazing photos or Orios or Bill sorry if not put everybody here. A good film camera + an excellent scanner can be make magic especially in medium format.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two days I went out using just my Pentacon Six.

The pluses:

Waist level finder. I love it, it's bright, and people don't even notice you're making photos as they're so accostumed from years of small reflex cameras.

Focus control: with MF you have a lot more choice than with 35mm not to talk about cropped digitals.

6x6 format: the one I prefer composition wise.

The minuses:

Expensive: 12 shots for roll means you better know what you're doing.

Manual exposition: you have to take an exposure meter with you and use continuosly. You can miss some quick scenes.

Weight: I have an aching shoulder this evening after 10 hours of shooting Very Happy