Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Som Berthiot Cinor-P 75mm/1.8 projection lens on Canon EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Som Berthiot Cinor-P 75mm/1.8 projection lens on Canon EOS Reply with quote

I was asked in the Berthiot 50mm/1.5 thread
http://forum.mflenses.com/som-berthiot-50mm-f1-5-projector-lens-t43610.html
to show images from my lens.

Here how it looks now after the simple conversion:

And here some of the test images I made with today for you:

Only now I see that we have the possibility to load images directly here into the forum, I had some problems with my webspace, ftp program doesn´t connect at the moment (with saved passwords, account...). I even need some time to get an online web ftp running - and had to load every single file extra :-/

Here my website regarding the lens - with full EOS 1000D sized images:
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/Som-Berthiot-75mm-1.8-conversion.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things to add:
The image is not super sharp on the EOS 1000D, I suppose it is a bit better on the EOS 5D with its bigger pixels. But the lens is not a competitor for the Zeiss 100/2.0 macro in terms of sharpness.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the vintage look. Thanks for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some more tests: I got far behind infinity - but found no good object to photograph it. Moon is a bit small for the EOS 5D and 75mm combination today.
Now I have bigger images to show directly:

Image border sharpness is not that great in this pic. I had other pictures with sharp elements on the border - but not on the outer edges. Not sure if this lens is for 16 or 35mm film - and if 35mm film - which format. I suppose it is not designed for 24x36mm film format.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty impressive lens, both for excellent rendering of translucent surfaces and watercolour OOF.