Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4 C/Y tribute image thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4 C/Y tribute image thread Reply with quote

I was looking to see if I've started a thread about this lens but it seems I've never did. But this lens deserves it. I got this lens a few years ago and it immediately became my favorite.
It's the made in Germany version with "ninja star bokeh" but this doesn't bother me at all.

If there were arbitrary categories to rate a lens this one gets full score in all of them.

I will show some photos and if you have some good shots you can post them as well to show what this lens can do!

Analog:

Digital:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOW!!!

Like 1 Like 1 All are good, especially #3 & #4

Last edited by visualopsins on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Cat Whoo Turtle Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics indeed ! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it compare with the Sony 50/1,4?

I read in the net that the sony has strong LoCA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

papasito wrote:
How does it compare with the Sony 50/1,4?

I read in the net that the sony has strong LoCA.

I've never used that Sony lens but I hear it's good.

Personally I don't look at resolution charts or CA. Rather real world photos and how pleasing they are.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton.

I can understand what you said.

In the "real" world (as you call it) all the lenses can be used to take more or less nice pics.
Lenses with 1 to 15 elements or more.
The characteristics of each lens are into the real World too.
The pics taken of one target, are pics too. And the level of the aberrations that each lens have, are in the real world too.
I see the thema in that way. It's only my opinión.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
blotafton.

I can understand what you said.

In the "real" world (as you call it) all the lenses can be used to take more or less nice pics.
Lenses with 1 to 15 elements or more.
The characteristics of each lens are into the real World too.
The pics taken of one target, are pics too. And the level of the aberrations that each lens have, are in the real world too.
I see the thema in that way. It's only my opinión.
Thank you.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask about such things is what I wanted to say. There can be little CA or much I don't mind it or correct it in editing.
Real world or normal use like portraits or landscapes is a better test for me. But you are correct, tests will reveal the characteristics if done right. And that's helpful for many.

I'm mostly looking at bokeh unless it's a modern lens. I want a ultra wide zoom that is sharp and do look rigorous tests for that.

With that said, I hope that helps.