Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aetna Coligon 135mm F4.0 on A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Aetna Coligon 135mm F4.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

It has been more than a year for me not trying new manual lenses on my A7RII. I think it is time to continue. There will be less flower photos in this thread as the conservatory in the Hong Kong Park is closed due to COVID.

This lens was made in Japan with DKL mount. I believe it is closely related to the Bittco Super Vemar which is also a 135mm F4.0 in DKL mount. The MFD is 7-feet, which is much closer than the Germany counterpart.

The resolution of my copy is pretty decent although I think the Tele-Xenar will be better. The color seems similar to the other third-party Japanese telephoto I have tried. Flare resistant is not as good as the Tele-Xenar too.

Here are the sample, click to enlarge:

Thanks for reading! Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and colourful samples, congratulations with a new lens! Its rendering seems to me pretty similar with a later, Japan produced Revuenon I tested here, including good sharpness and strong magenta CA in counter-light situations.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Nice and colourful samples, congratulations with a new lens! Its rendering seems to me pretty similar with a later, Japan produced Revuenon I tested here, including good sharpness and strong magenta CA in counter-light situations.

Yes. They looks similar. Does your Revuenon has a light blue coating like mine?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does. Here is the lens, the last two images.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Yes, it does. Here is the lens, the last two images.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon Porpoise Unicorn Monkey(?)!

Definite blue color cast, especially #9 street light & steps...

Very smooth bokeh!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The bokeh seems pretty smooth even in harsh backgrounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a 200mm F4.8 available in the same mount, although I have only so far seen it badged as Vemar:

Alun Thomas wrote:

A Vemar 200/4.8 lens, a family member to the Aetna 135/4 posted above in the thread, I believe was made by Itoh Kogaku, based on seeing very similar lenses on ebay with that badge. This lens continues a trend I've found with similarly designed moderately 'fast' long lenses with big front elements, which all seem to suffer from quite bad fringing at the corner of the image. The Kowa 200/4 and Topcon UV 200/4 are the other two with a similar design I have tried.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Sadly there is no Aetna 200/4.8.