Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New toy, Rikenon 135/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: New toy, Rikenon 135/2,8 Reply with quote

First two pictures from it @f8. Smells good... but rear element has little mold.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its M42 its likely to be a Tokina. Not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's PK.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nice cat ...

For the mold, try just a bit of cold cream, this lens truly deserves it, especially looking at the cat's picture ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one in M42, so probably a bit older.

The first series of Ricoh K mount lenses were actually Pentax K lenses - Pentax had just brought out their M series, so the older (some say better) K's were sold by Ricoh for their first K mount body. Possibly without the SMC, but the Modern Photo review of these was very positive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like it a bit also. I tried Cold Cream, but didn't have a Zippo nafta nor similar.

Some of it got rid, but some is inside. I'll have to think and google picture of it's insdes.

But keeping fungae in mind and F2,8, next pic is very ok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam fine pictures, #1 and last ! Last one is really outstanding capture!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this lens once...Is it all metal construction? I passed on it as something else had caught my eye... Mad Please show the lens in question Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's metal and feels solid. Focus is smooth. Maybe not Leica solid and smooth, but no complaints. It was another 25€, so I can live with it. Laughing

I have bad psoriasis and I go to UV treatment every other day to hospital. Yesterday I stood 10minutes at UV with this lense. Killing fungus...

Sorry about hasty taken pictures, I'm at way to work if I wake up ever. Third mug of coffee on the way...
They are taken f2 and ISO400 with flash with little-ricoh.

Thanks for the thanks. I love that duck at falls my self too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the one I was thinking of, but a nice surprise to see which one it was...I have some XR Rikenon lenses as well.I must try them.
Sorry to hear about the psoriasis,not nice at all. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same lens lives here, a very decent performer. It was one of my first MF buys that I should take out more often. One problem with indulging your LBA is that some lovely lenses get kind of neglected due to the new floozies that turn up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seeking of a new wide for my trip. You now, a sceneries in my mind. Just something better than average and cheap. And brand was at least in my mind.
So, somehow, now is on the way to my hands, a Rikenon 28mm f 2,8. That was not intented. Life is funny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lens. All the ricoh's lenses are good. The M42 ones are very good too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought cheap RMC Tokina doubler for P/K. As it's 40cm snow at Helsinki now, flowers had to be plastic.

These shots are wide open with doubler.
Can that doubler improve quality? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

for plastic flowers... is good+ rendering;

although seems to be gaining and losing something with doubler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight sun shootin' with Rikenon...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Hit the exposure spot on with that one!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Well, I bought cheap RMC Tokina doubler for P/K. As it's 40cm snow at Helsinki now, flowers had to be plastic.

Tokina RMC 2x tele are among the best. Supposed to have 7 elements. Additional glass could condense sharpness.

My father has tough case of psoriasis too. I use his UV light for fungus prevention or "after cleaning of the lens" treatment too.

Anyway when he is able to resist sweets (sugar) his condition gets much better. His mother (my granny) had the worst psoriasis in our town. In her late years she received chemotherapy which 100% healed psoriasis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I've got one in M42, so probably a bit older.

The first series of Ricoh K mount lenses were actually Pentax K lenses - Pentax had just brought out their M series, so the older (some say better) K's were sold by Ricoh for their first K mount body. Possibly without the SMC, but the Modern Photo review of these was very positive.

I have just won an Auto Rikenon 135/3.5 #11445 for US$1 plus $9 shipping. [ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250849963661 ] Is it a Pentax K version? [ http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-K-135mm-F3.5-Lens.html ] It doesn't look the same; seems more like M42. My only other Rikenon Auto's are both M42: 50/2 (US$10 shipped) and 55/1.8 (US$6 shipped). I hope the 135 meets their standard! It should arrive in a few days.

PS: I do not like that the name Rokinon is too similar to Rikenon. Damn them!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say, which mount it is.
Mine is XR and f2,8, so it's a bit different. Hope yours is fine too. After all it wasn't very expensive...

I have had chemotherapy too, to psoriasis, last winter. Didn't help, but it felt like I was pregnant. Smile

Thanks Martyn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! I guess you're skipping no fun.

Rio: nothing to do with PK version but great catch anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a cure for psoriasis that clears it up 100% in very short time, but it is not listed as a prescribeable medication in most countries, Israel however uses it a lot for skin complaints like Psoriasis and ulcers.

Thalidomide.

It is not safe of course for women to take during pregnancy but for everyone else it is safe and it is sad it has been removed from our pharmacology due to the histeria in the 60s caused by the deformed babies it caused.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is Cosina made this lens (and probably many other K-mount XR Rikenons) Clue is the serial on the aperture ring. They will have been made to specification rather than a simple name ring rebrand of an existing design.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not finished my scanning setup, but here's the diagram with my phone. Doesn't look like any Tokina or Vivitar I've seen