Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a dancer in the park
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: a dancer in the park Reply with quote

a women dangce and other people play harmonica to accompany

On sunday,a lot of people like to get together in the park,sing song and dance in beijing.

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm/1.8 Nikon D80

Last edited by soullivan on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: a foreign friend dance rumba Reply with quote

a foreign friend is very happy and dangce rumba with a chinese .

foto in "The Temple of Heaven " ,beijing

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm/1.8 Nikon D80

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice primary colours and quite sharp, interesting some of the audience seem to have motion blur but you have captures the main subjects perfectly. I would have liked to see keep the feet in the first shot and maybe a tighter crop to the sides for just the harmonica players.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the hint of motion blur in the feet of the second shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice colors from the pancolar
thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors, and expressions, but with anything terpsichorean, cropping
of feet is a no-no.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second shot I like the moment you have captured. The way the dancers are relating to each other is excellent, the expression on the women’s face is brilliant.
I find the first shot rather confusing with too much detail taking my attention away from the subject and her feet being out of shot is a great shame.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK you got me wikipeia-ing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpsichorean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes,they are two simple pics.I foto them in last winter .but they have some special meaning for me.it's my first time make foto by manual focus lens.after that time,I start to like the MF lens,I feel the real foto fun .

Thanks for encourage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures with the Pancolar Soullivan, lovely colours and sharp focus. It's my fav 50mm too, and it's no surprise you were hooked. I agree it's a shame about the dancer's feet, but lowering the aim would have cropped the heads of the watchers. Maybe your position was too elevated or too close, or possibly your Flek would have given a better composition?

I'm still intrigued how you get such sharpness at infinity on the Nikon. Can you give more details about the modification? Did you modify the camera mount or the lenses, and what did you do?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
OK you got me wikipeia-ing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpsichorean

We are all going to be scholars, just from being members of this site. Very Happy
I have to admit, I learn something new everyday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

I'm still intrigued how you get such sharpness at infinity on the Nikon. Can you give more details about the modification? Did you modify the camera mount or the lenses, and what did you do?

Generally the M42 lens cannot be used in Nikon by adapter,the m42 lens's flange distance is 45.5mm but nikon camera is 46.5mm ,the more 1mm make the difficult to fit m42 on nikon.you can't cut the glass to reduce the more 1mm.optical adapter is a solution ,but it will damage the quality of image.

so, some smarter research a way to solve this problem,they modify the mount and adjust the screw of control position to reduce the more 1mm to focus at infinity.but it is not easy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soullivan wrote:
they modify the mount and adjust the screw of control position to reduce the more 1mm to focus at infinity.but it is not easy.

Thanks. That makes sense now. Smile