Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Nikkor-Q 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

The first version, circa 1960-something.

I have a well-worn example of this lens. When I acquired it, it had extensive fungus and needed a complete disassembly to clean it out. The body is scratched and scuffed, the glass has scratches and cleaning marks, the mount is brassed, and the filter thread... doesn't. It's a mess.

Anyway, here it is at f5.6 through a piece of 3-stop ND gel slapped on the front.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these and I really like it. Mine's got a bit of wear and tear on the body, but the glass is pristine. It's one of the few 135 2.8s I've seen with only 4 elements.

True, it's a bit heavy, but that's because it's all metal with an unusual built-in lens hood.

My copy is surprisingly sharp and the bokeh is surprisingly smooth. I've been impressed by it, especially since it's one of the cheapest Nikkors you can get.

IIRC, I paid $24 -- caps, case, and shipping included.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Deep wrote:

Absolutely beautiful image! From time to time, I'm lurking at Nasaspaceflight.com,just reading some news - and I'm happy to see you here, sharing your images. Welcome !

Stephan