Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pushing the Radionar even further
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Pushing the Radionar even further Reply with quote

A few days ago I made a very slight modification to the Radionar - I removed the small screw which limits the front cell focus travel. Now I can adjust the nearest focus of the front cell to less than 0.5m, which allows me to produce much stronger spherical aberrations when I use a variable close-up ring for focusing at subjects farther away than the cell focus. The resulting bokeh is very soft, and the focus mismatch can be used for much nearer subjects than when operating within the original focus limits.

Here are a couple of examples and more can be found at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/radionar_5duf.html.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushing the Radionar even further Reply with quote

vilva wrote:
A few days ago I made a very slight modification to the Radionar - I removed the small screw which limits the front cell focus travel. Now I can adjust the nearest focus of the front cell to less than 0.5m, which allows me to produce much stronger spherical aberrations when I use a variable close-up ring for focusing at subjects farther away than the cell focus. The resulting bokeh is very soft, and the focus mismatch can be used for much nearer subjects than when operating within the original focus limits.

Here are a couple of examples and more can be found at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/radionar_5duf.html.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!

You do wanderfull things with this three elements schneider radionar. The three elements seems to be a limit, but in your hands isn't it.

I like your pics. Thanks.

Rino.