Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 35/2 fat on Robinia Pseudoacacia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Takumar 35/2 fat on Robinia Pseudoacacia Reply with quote

@f/2 on 5D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 I like oof highlight rendering of all that glass! Super-Takumar model I -- is there a # on the A/M switch? Smile Twice as big and heavy as model II. Both 8/7 I wonder if curvatures are the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 I like oof highlight rendering of all that glass! Super-Takumar model I -- is there a # on the A/M switch? Smile Twice as big and heavy as model II. Both 8/7 I wonder if curvatures are the same.

Yes, this one, I still have it : https://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-352-v1-87.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, the Super Takumar 35mm f/2.0 Model I is a clone of the 'Inverted telephoto' lens patented by Horace William Lee in 1934:

While the earlier Auto Takumar 35mm F/2.3 was a clone of the more modern Retrofocus lens patented by Pierre Angenieux in 1953:

Both exhibit unique imaging qualities.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Yes, this one, I still have it : https://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-352-v1-87.html

Ok I read all that. Still, is there a number stamped on the A/M switch? (there are 2 variation of the model I)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Interestingly, the Super Takumar 35mm f/2.0 Model I is a clone of the 'Inverted telephoto' lens patented by Horace William Lee in 1934:

While the earlier Auto Takumar 35mm F/2.3 was a clone of the more modern Retrofocus lens patented by Pierre Angenieux in 1953:

Both exhibit unique imaging qualities.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Yes. This is why I keep my copy ST 35/2.0 v1.... The Angenieux is a lovely lens and the Takumar 35mm F/2.3 should be a lovely lens too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerjan lists two variations of the Super-Takumar 1:2/35 Model I:

Product # 368 produced from 1963 (1963-10/66)
Product # 43680 from 10-66 (10/66-1967)

Both are described as having red lettering for f/8 and 5m / 15ft, remaining distance engravings are blue.

I wonder is 43680 engraved on A/M switch, as with other later Takumars.

Any confirmation of these specifications using physical samples is much appreciated. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
CarbonR wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Ok I read all that. Still, is there a number stamped on the A/M switch? (there are 2 variation of the model I)

Nothing on the A/M switch Wink

calvin83 wrote:

Yes. This is why I keep my copy ST 35/2.0 v1.... The Angenieux is a lovely lens and the Takumar 35mm F/2.3 should be a lovely lens too.

The 35/2.3 has a similar bokeh Wink