Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Janpol 55mm and 80mm 5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Janpol 55mm and 80mm 5.6 Reply with quote

First off, Merry Christmas! Or as we say God Jul!

I got something for you today.
I've had these strange Polish enlarger lenses for a while and this autumn tested them on a new helicoid adapter.

They have four built in filters, two of which can be used at the same time to make additional colors. The filters are cyan, yellow, magenta, yellow.

The 80mm has very low contrast when stopping down due to reflex/flare issues.

First the 80mm

All filter combinations and no filter, except green which it seem I forgot.

All filters again with white balance.

Next up the 55mm. This one shows good sharpness. But the adapter is too thick for infinity focus.

100%

Have a good time everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting results, indeed. Fine dog portrait also. About that colour filters I think it can be good for bw photography.

I wish Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Here's a bw just for fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sounds good. Contrast and rendering is changing from a bit to lot in some pictures. Very usefull.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got one of these in 80mm, after it cropped up on my eBay feed the other day. Mad idea, but I thought it may be interesting to try and change the internal filters.

When it came, there was a clear plastic part which fits on to the lens and then folds down to cover half of the front element. Can anyone shed any light on what this is for please?

Last edited by JMC on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine also came with that part. Unfortunately I don't know what it's for either.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

Looks positioned to bisect light path.

Prism shape spreads spectrum.

Or reflection sideways may be useful?

Could be used for focusing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that its purpose is to collect enough light to illumimate the filter dials while working in the darkroom. It folds down for that purpose, then folds away when the filtration has been dialed in.
T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand, I think you may well be right. I tried it with a torch in a dark room, and with it folded down it does allow you to see the dials. Folded up and it all goes dark again. Neat little idea.