Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modification needed for Mir-1 2.8/37 M42 to Canon EF Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Modification needed for Mir-1 2.8/37 M42 to Canon EF Mount Reply with quote

I have read that using this lens on a Full Frame camera requires modification so as not to have a mirror strike. Yet I am unable to find anywhere just what that modification is. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thank you in advance for any help with this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads of versions of this lens, and not all of them (not even all copies of the same model) introduce that problem.
It's worth to check your copy first as modification isn't always possible and depends on the model.
Set your camera shutter speed to BULB, focus to the MFD, press and hold the shutter, refocus to infinity, release the shutter - if your viewfinder is black, you have the mirror problem (just start focusing closer slowly to release the mirror).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My version of Mir-1B also had a slightly strange m42 mount. It was slightly conical and went too far to the adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also depends on which canon camera you are using IIRC.