Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I am over and over again surprised how good this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, over and over, envious that you have one !

Beautiful work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks! I had 5 copies. I sold one and still have 4 of them. Pretty incredible from a such an old and excellent lens, I was so lucky to found this amount.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the lens compared to the Tamron SP180/2.5?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have to buy one Twisted Evil Thanks for making me a little more poor Very Happy

Attila I would like to hear, if all 5 lenses you have own, did preform the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lahnet Unfortunatelly NO.

Wide open not every copy perform same good. Only two of them really sharp at wide open, but above wide open they are pretty much same.

How to compare Tamron SP 180mm f2.5 ? My opinion is very subjective for sure, I prefer this old lenses above any other 180mm lens except Carl Zeiss 180mm f2.8 MM Contax. I can't choice between them.