Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In a lighttent with Helios 44-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: In a lighttent with Helios 44-3 Reply with quote

I have a homemade lighttent and decided to use Helios 44-3 to tae som pics of my new gear. I often use the AF-lens Canon 50mm/1.8 II there. Now I see they are little bit on the red sida, should have corrected in Lightroom or Photoshop...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Matthias,
I notice some reddish tint on the pictures.
Which kind of light source have you empoyed?.
Can you post some picture of your light tent?
I use an Ikea Igloo for kids, but it's too big for my small apartment, so I'm looking for ideas,
Thanks in advance,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes if you like you can take a look on a Danish DIY project. Sorry by the language, but I believe the pictures are enough to at least inspire.

http://www.fotostart.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Nice shots, Matthias,
I notice some reddish tint on the pictures.
Which kind of light source have you empoyed?.
Can you post some picture of your light tent?
I use an Ikea Igloo for kids, but it's too big for my small apartment, so I'm looking for ideas,
Thanks in advance,
Jes.

The red tint could be caused by med trying to get rid of the yellow tint Wink

I have just cut ot the sides of a box and taped white fabric around it (thats all it needs really, and somthing good to place the objects on).

I then use construction lights like this one: http://www.clasohlson.se/Archive/Images/Products/Hi/362930_X_2007-08-28_111335_950.jpg
which leave a yellowish tint. Usually I manage to get rid of it in Lightroom, but this time it seems they got red instead...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the result !

Very clean and crisp, you have achieved soft and undirectional lighting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I like the result !
very clean and crisp, you have achieved soft and undirectional lighting.

Thanks. I quit fun what one can do with very little money. I little more work on the colors and they should be really good. Will try to take a photo of the tent...