Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7II R question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Sony A7II R question Reply with quote

Couple of things:

1. This is important to me, but am doing this quickly and working strictly from memory

2. Posting this way (new thread) to avoid thread crapping vivaldibow's great thread on his Vemar 105

Nevertheless, the present thread (and question) is prompted by this amazing post over there by visualopsins:

http://forum.mflenses.com/vemar-105mm-f-2-8-t79686.html#1516159

Claim is possibility of circa $1000 price tag on Sony A7II R after Christmas.

I avoided purchase of a Sony A7 last Christmas because I did not want the "straight ahead" sensors. Could not afford a Sony A7II R at that time. Am I remembering correctly (from last year) that:

Sony A7II R has angled peripheral sensors which are better for use with our MF lenses?

To state the obvious, if (when) I finally buy a FF camera body it will be used solely with MF lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for new thread!

Claim based on price drop rate since A7RIII appearance. Ebay prices are down to $1300 now...