Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss S-Orthoplanar 105mm f/5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject: Zeiss S-Orthoplanar 105mm f/5.6 Reply with quote

Hello forum.

I've posted samples of this lens last year while I was using it on my GFX 50S II. It excels at near to medium distance and is about on par or slightly better than my GF 110mm f/2.0 at other distances. However, locking back, I always prefered to have AF and I rarely do close focus stuff, so I would like to sell it in favor of an additional native GFX lens.

My sample has seen regular use in its life, but is in a very well maintained condition. When I got it, it missed a link between aperture assembly and its ring as it was preset at a specific position for maximum resolution during lithography mask creation. I had Foto Olbrich re-insert a link and the lens has been working flawless since then.

Some time in its life, it got a slight knock on the outermost edge of its rear barrel than was cared for since then. There is a slight unevenness left and a bit of exposed brass that I did not touch up to better represent its condition in an honest way.

Also, quite recently, a fine line like a short hair about the length of 3mm with a slight metallic gleam appeared inside on an inner lens near the aperture assembly which looks like a residue of the repair of the missing aperture link by Foto Olbrich that probably got overseen during cleaning. I wasn't able to catch it in a photo as it is difficult to spot and comparably small.

The optics otherwise look pristine in daylight and I have to use a flash to provoke the appearance of slight cleaning marks if pointed at the lens at the right angle.

Mind you, my description is overly accurate and detailed as this is an expensive piece of optical gear and I don't want to surprise the buyer with anything but a great lens.

While I think that this lens is a stunning performer, it's slight blemishes won't qualify it for a collection with solely mint optics. However, it would be perfect for those seeking its optical qualities in the first place and because I paid a reasonable price for it, I don't want to enrich myself by offering it at prices that are asked at other marketplaces. I would be happy to get back what my GF 110 costed so I would just let it go for what the costs of the replacement have been, a 1:1 exchange, so to speak, which ends up at 2.200,-EUR + shipping. A personal pick-up in North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany, would of course be best and most welcome.

If you need any additional information, don't hesitate to drop me a line. I was more of a reader before I got my GFX and posted sample pictures of lenses I like. But I've got an ebay account with +1000 positive feedbacks that dates back more than 20 years and I could list it there is someone would prefer an official way of buying it.

Best wishes,
Christian

PS: since I left analog photography, I recreated my workspace more "open". Since then, dust has become a more common problem, so forgive me that I wasn't able to keep it dust-free during the photoshoot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is listed on ebay now. Please feel welcome to leave me an offer in case you are interested (don't be irritated by the higher ebay price, this is for additional negotiation headroom only). https://www.ebay.de/itm/276341467143

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly low price actually it was sold for...

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ineed. But I was really poking around in the dark regarding what price to ask for and very open to suggestions as it was more about finding someone that values it performance than maximizing profits. It ended up being sold to a dealer in Japan.