Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica M 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar (MATE): anyone with experience?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Leica M 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar (MATE): anyone with experience? Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone here has used this lens and can share comments about it?

The later E49 version with improved mechanicals, is the one I'm considering; seems to have risen greatly in price. I've heard mixed things about it; excessive distortion @ 28mm. But having a 3-lens combo for travel and walking about seems mighty tempting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Leica M 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar (MATE): anyone with experienc Reply with quote

[quote="james"]Wondering if anyone here has used this lens and can share comments about it?

The later E49 version with improved mechanicals, is the one I'm considering; seems to have risen greatly in price. I've heard mixed things about it; excessive distortion @ 28mm. But having a 3-lens combo for travel and walking about seems mighty tempting.[/quote]

I know somebody who uses this, but it may be a couple of months before we talk again. I will post when I have information.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera(s) you use? If you use a M camera, you have no choice. Otherwise, there are some zooms may fit your need like SMC Pentax-M 28-50mm F3.5-4.5 although it may not as sharp as the Tri-Elmar.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
What camera(s) you use? If you use a M camera, you have no choice. Otherwise, there are some zooms may fit your need like SMC Pentax-M 28-50mm F3.5-4.5 although it may not as sharp as the Tri-Elmar.

Monochrom v.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the f/4 is fast enough, it's an amazing lens for a "fullframe" M, such as the Monochrom.
For my M8 the FL is not that interesting, since the wide angle is kinda missing.
And for my M6 it would be too expensive. Wink