Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter length from M Paxette to M39 Leica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Adapter length from M Paxette to M39 Leica Reply with quote

I had read that the correct adapter length was 16.4mm which also happened to be a common Russian extension tube size, but that is not correct. Does anyone know what the correct length is? I have a Westron and a Steinheil in Braun that neither will come to infinity with a 16.4mm extension tube. I would rather stay m39 as opposed to adapt to M42 as I already have a helicoid in M39 and the M42s for sony are massive plastic thingy's and on these small lens are not what I wanted... If its close to 16.4 I can shave it, if its a huge difference i need to go a different way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Adapter length from M Paxette to M39 Leica Reply with quote

Gatorengineer64 wrote:
I had read that the correct adapter length was 16.4mm which also happened to be a common Russian extension tube size, but that is not correct. Does anyone know what the correct length is? I have a Westron and a Steinheil in Braun that neither will come to infinity with a 16.4mm extension tube. I would rather stay m39 as opposed to adapt to M42 as I already have a helicoid in M39 and the M42s for sony are massive plastic thingy's and on these small lens are not what I wanted... If its close to 16.4 I can shave it, if its a huge difference i need to go a different way

Those Russian M39 16.4 mm extension tubes are for the Zenit M39 lenses having a register distance of 45.2 mm. Your Paxette lenses have a register distance of 44 mm. To use a Paxette lens on a M39/LTM-adapter (28.8 mm) you need a extension tube of 15.2 mm which is offered by the seller in Calvin's link.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for pointing out the obvious, I should have found that on my own..... I ordered one this morning.