Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elicar Automatic 28mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Elicar Automatic 28mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Hey all,

got this lens for close to nothing but I couldn get any info regarding it. the lens have an interesting bokeh, looks bit soft wide open, have some CA and which is weird doesn't focus to infinity plus the aparture ring and focus ring turns the orher way around. is this a common thing?

below you can see some snapshots I took before my battery died. the worst thing is that I'm not able to try it in sunny day as the weather got messy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_896.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is SUN made lens and i've tried a few with good results thus yours most probably suffers minor fault.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same or very similar, Sun branded.
Its the same, very interestingly, as a Soligor T4 mount lens which are assumed to all be Tokinas as T4 was a Tokina thing.
Who knows.

Anyway, as Pancolart says, mine are quite good actually.