Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Wide-Auto 3.5/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Soligor Wide-Auto 3.5/35 Reply with quote

I came across this Soligor recently and for the asking price of £5 I thought it was worth a punt. All test photos have been converted from raw, no sharpening, cropping or pp applied and converted to jpeg. The camera was a Sony Alpha 6000, ISO100, tripod mounted.
I don't think it performs too badly. From the serial number I don't know who manufactured it, possibly Tokina, Sun?

The lens:-

f3.5

f4

f5.6

f8

f11

f16

f22

Image taken at f8 after my usual pp:-

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:41 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking lens! i like these old third party 35mm lenses for their swirling and bubbling bokeh wide open (picture 1) and they are all very cheap to buy Smile
SN starting with 3 = Sun (?)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer this and you'll also answer who made Weltblick/PORST 1.8/35mm and 1.8/135mm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per the Soligor serial number crew, this seems to be a Sun.
Interesting to see an f/3.5 auto version, not common to have an auto 35mm prime in a cheaper, simpler formula (5 element I think). You usually see this in presets.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked this up. What mount is this lens for?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one pictured is M42 in the original post.
I think though these were made in several mounts, so you will need to check your own lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks identical actually. Thanks for the quick reply BTW.

Here's some pics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very heavy yes?

I think I have a super carenar 35/2.8 in that "style" (distinctive font, markings, 3 mm plastic pipe standing over at front end),...

Yes it was not very good either, "cant focus it" :)