Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider 55mm f/8 Repro-Claron
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Schneider 55mm f/8 Repro-Claron Reply with quote

I recently picked up a Schneider 55mm f/8 Repro-Claron process lens. In this focal length and speed, these lenses are common and dirt cheap. I thought I would give one a spin as a bellows lens. Not a bad way to get into macro. Here are some shots. Some are single shots and several are 6 shot focus stacks, processed in Adobe CC - all on the Sony A7II via a Pentax Bellows. The lens was mounted to the bellows through the use of an M25 -> LTM adapter screwed into an LTM -> M42 adapter. Lighting was provided by a halogen desk lamp. Most exposures were at f/11 or f/16. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent razor sharp lens, I have several of them (the series)!!
Great shots!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Klaus.

Along with the lens' compact size, I also like the reasonable working distance at this reproduction ratio.

P.