Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Goettingen Vario-Kiptagon 1.3 16.5-30 8mm projection le
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: ISCO Goettingen Vario-Kiptagon 1.3 16.5-30 8mm projection le Reply with quote

Adapted to 4/3 Olympus E-PL1, due to relatively small rear end diameter can focus to infinity (but there no speciality):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129563138@N03/albums/72157673629633742

macheck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting lens, I like picture No3 in particular.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting lens, I like picture No3 in particular.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lloydy.
I've inserted this post and a one about Lucar in Manual Lens forum but there is sub forum about cine lenses and 4/3 system so maybe they should be transfered there.
macheck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same lens still attached to a projector...

Could you tell me how you removed it (it doesn't seem to come off easily), and how you adapted to your camera?

Nice pictures BTW!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello lensbeginner

I bought mine in a batch of different projection lenses so I do not even know the type of projector, so no help but there must be the way.

Concerning lens mounting, I have metal mill and lathe so rather simple fixtures are done DIY:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129563138@N03/30899993715/in/album-72157673629633742/

macheck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's very nice handiwork!
...I'll find a way, there's a couple of levers/catches near the lens... gotta figure that out Smile
Happy shooting!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes no sense for me, image circle is way too small, sorry Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you turn the drawback of the small image circle into a feature it may work for you. Use the swirly bokeh and circular image with subjects that benefit from it. Have fun experimenting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if it's small for m43... however I agree that it can be used to obtain peculiar effects (completely forfeiting IQ Laughing )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree with dickb it is worth trying.
This lens also, as I mentioned in the first post of this thread, can focus to infinity so is rather useful and one can observe what is going on the edges of image circle, small sensors are deprived of it. Moreover small sensors of high density give you a chance to crop and obtain effects of lens tilting. IQ is not so bad.

PS
One has to remember it is a fast lens, no iris so gives shallow DF.