Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

wide angle for Olympus E-m1 Mk1?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: wide angle for Olympus E-m1 Mk1? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am waiting for ebay to send me Hexanon 50mm AR 1.7 lens that in my oly wil be a 100mm...

I'm new at this MF lenses stuff...and I wonder if there is ANY wide angle lens 14mm, that is, 28mm in M4/3, in second hand market, which is afordable for a poor economy like mine.

thanks.

PD. I use now zuiko 14-150mm old version (not manual, but AF)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the zoom you have is decent, chasing wide angle lenses on a MFT sensor unless you are willing to pay excessively high prices is impossible.

With wide angles at a decent price for a fast lens you would go for a 25mm C mount lens, the move I eventually made was to move to a bigger sensor sized camera that has a higher ISO capability as you don't need to use fast lenses all the time and actually get to enjoy some very special lenses for what they do.

They biggest drawback to the micro four third sensor is it's low ISO handling. Even with the new sensor in the Olympus EPL 7 anything past 800 is unusable and that just forces you to get faster lenses that are in general inferior except for very expensive ones.

That being said a good 25mm C mount lens is alot of fun so is the reasonably inexpensive Panasonic 20mm lens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the legacy MF stuff, you are less likely to find extreme wide angles. For the micro 4/3s you could go with the Samyang 12mm. It's supposed to be pretty good. Or, you could get a Zhongi LensTurbo II on there and play with the more traditional "extreme wide angles" forcal lengths.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonic 14/2.4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Panasonic 14mm this is very nice and small lens - a little bit bigger than body cap.
Highly recommended. Like 1 small