Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

konica hexanon 200mm f/3.5 + teleconverter + nikon v1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: konica hexanon 200mm f/3.5 + teleconverter + nikon v1 Reply with quote

will lose sharpness with this teleconverter. handheld test

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: konica hexanon 200mm f/3.5 + teleconverter + nikon v1 Reply with quote

zzzxtreme wrote:
will lose sharpness with this teleconverter.

To say the truth, I had not been happy with that lens even without the teleconverter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, it looks fine to me without the teleconverter.
but i'm just a beginner, and haven't own many lenses. I only bought it because I saw one on ebay for $40 and www.buhla.de says it's konica's sharpest 200mm.
below is an untouched jpeg from v1 (without the teleconverter)
[/url]

what do you use the 200m for ? I'm curious. I only bought it just for fun - moon watching for one. I use the 50mm f/1.4 a lot now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzxtreme wrote:
oh, it looks fine to me without the teleconverter.

As for my taste it is too flat, and the lifeless for the general planes.

zzzxtreme wrote:
www.buhla.de says it's konica's sharpest 200mm.

Well, I didn’t have the chance to compare. But I am inclined to believe that the other one (5.6) has to be much better.

Personally, I had been very satisfied with Vivitar 200/3.0 Series 1 upon Konica AR bayonet. However Carl Zeiss Tele-tessar 200 mm f/ 3.5 C/Y (which I obtained by $86, custom refurbished for the Nikon bayonet) is really incredible.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2VTQkE5ytE7m/IMG_2597.jpg

zzzxtreme wrote:

what do you use the 200m for ? I'm curious. I only bought it just for fun - moon watching for one. I use the 50mm f/1.4 a lot now.

I use it to make the “face” portraits. 200mm is the best solution for it (if you have the clearance of course). Try, and you would discover it for yourself.
By the way - the discussed Konica lens is very nice for that use. One of my best portraits of my mother I did by that lens. So, don’t fill put down by it. You only should find for that lens the proper use.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use TC most of them ruin picture well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Don't use TC most of them ruin picture well.

Not "most of them", but exactly all of them Twisted Evil

Thyere is the very showing expirience with the supposingly "best of bests" coverter:

"..I resized the test photos from the 500mm alone by a factor of 2.0 in Photoshop, something no sane photographer would do to achieve a better result. However, the resulting images were sharper than those taken with the 2.0X extender. In short, the 2.0x not only did not provide and benefit, it was actually detrimental. I concluded I would get better results by shooting with the 500mm alone and cropping to fill the frame with the bird."

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/732111-USA/Canon_4410B002_Extender_EF_2X_III.html/prm/alsVwDtl

I had the very similar expirience