Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MINOLTA MD 1.2/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: MINOLTA MD 1.2/50 Reply with quote

MINOLTA MD 1.2/50 at the botanical garden....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: MINOLTA MD 1.2/50 Reply with quote

Mir wrote:

Does anyone know this flowers name?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: MINOLTA MD 1.2/50 Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Mir wrote:

Does anyone know this flowers name?

It is from the Allium family, "giant allium" sold as a decorative flower in white and purple

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work Marcel, it has quite some 3D pop and the OOF separation is spectacular!!
Giant Allium and Gerber Daisies are amazing!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ 80mm f2.8 on a6000...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice rendering and contrast from this lens overall. I saw your other thread as well on the 58/1.2 and I think this 50mm actually does a lot better in every respect, although the 58 is also a great performer stopped down. How would you say the two compare? I was always under the impression the 58 had a better OOF rendering, which does not seem to be the case! Colours though, are consistently excellent between both. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.2/50 is on my wish list, and it just ranked upwards....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series!

are the #1 and #2 shot at f/1.2?

the allium family also comprises onions and chives, is that correct?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_zeel wrote:

Closer to f/2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus for the identity, there was one in the park I frequent, and thought it was a need/cool looking flower.

chris_zeel wrote:
great series!

the allium family also comprises onions and chives, is that correct?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allium
Quote:
Allium is a genus of monocotyledonous flowering plants that includes the cultivated onion, garlic, scallion, shallot and leek as well as chives and hundreds of other wild species.