Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Altix to M42 adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Altix to M42 adapter? Reply with quote

Hi,
are you aware of any Altix to M42 adapter available on the market?
I have an old Altix mount lens and I'd like to use it with a M42->Fuji X helicoid macro adapter, as I plan to use the lens mainly for macro shots.

I could not find nothing on ebay.

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fit the lens mount into a T2 to M42 adapter(with slight modification, see here https://youtu.be/xGEXlBJeD_A ) or fit the lens directly to a helicoid. You will need a short M42 helicoid to get infinity if you go with the T2 to M42 route. Please post the set up here once you are finished.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also pill a cheap M42/Canon, Nikon adapter a bit. Did just so like 30 times, for various friends, buyers etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
thanks for the tips.
I think I should proceed stepwise. I have found an Altix to M39 adapter, to which I can add a M39 to M32 adapter (which is a step down ring I think) and then I should ready to go.

Makes sense?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Altix to M42 plastic adapter probably from de ´60s but only allows macro work.