Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help disassembling Sigma-XQ 100mm 2.8 macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: help disassembling Sigma-XQ 100mm 2.8 macro lens Reply with quote

I got this lens over eBay from seller Camera$. Tried it and as a regular 100mm it seemed fine, but then i tried macro capability and photo got very soft (dreamy one might say...too bad it only shows up in macro mode so i can't use it for portraits). Then i looked through the lens towards the light and i saw that one element inside is dirty...like someone cleaned a window with dirty cloth and it got dry showing white marks. It seems that they cleaned it sloppy, so i need to clean it again.

Can anybody help me by telling me how to disassemble the lens, or does anybody know where on the web can i find repair manual, so i do not go in blind?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro mode is factory defected, mine lens is same. So I believe you can't fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Macro mode is factory defected, mine lens is same. So I believe you can't fix it.

i believe it isn't the case with my lens. i tried macro and it works as i assume it should, just need to clean that one glass element that has marks like someone tried to clean it and failed

we'll see if i can find how to disassemble and reassemble the lens to try to clean it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: help disassembling Sigma-XQ 100mm 2.8 macro lens Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
I got this lens over eBay from seller Camera$. Tried it and as a regular 100mm it seemed fine, but then i tried macro capability and photo got very soft (dreamy one might say...too bad it only shows up in macro mode so i can't use it for portraits). Then i looked through the lens towards the light and i saw that one element inside is dirty...like someone cleaned a window with dirty cloth and it got dry showing white marks. It seems that they cleaned it sloppy, so i need to clean it again.

Can anybody help me by telling me how to disassemble the lens, or does anybody know where on the web can i find repair manual, so i do not go in blind?

white marks? haze?
This could mean that the coating of that lens element is gone, and the lens cannot be fixed.

In this case, can you return the lens?

IMO ... Sigma has one of the poorest lens coating of all the makes i have seen (and i have seen a lot of lenses!)
Percentage-wise i have seen quite a few Sigma lenses with gone bad lens coating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lens is immaculate untouched, very poor performer in macro mode and works great as normal lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
My lens is immaculate untouched, very poor performer in macro mode and works great as normal lens.

Mine too. It's a lemon in macro mode.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody opened it? I have oily blades on mine.