Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guide Pin repair tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Guide Pin repair tips Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Wonder if you can help me. My old Canon FL 58mm f1.2 guide pin broke. From what I can see from the parts that fell out, it is a T shaped pin made out of brass or bronze. The T broke into 2 pieces. This is screwed on the back aluminum barrel that helps rotate the main lens' body from the part with the distance markings.

1. Anyone knows if there are any other FL lenses that would have same parts aside from the 58mm? 50mm FL which I can get for parts replacements.
2. Heard someone using JB Weld to remanufacture the T shape part. Just wanted to know if someone here has used it? Is it strong enough?
3. Hiw do you screw the T shape guide pin? Saw that it was attached on the inside so I really don't know how to rescrew this properly.

Regards.

Pete