Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 400mm f6.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Soligor 400mm f6.3 Reply with quote

Hi guys, I recently got a Soligor 400mm f6.3 lens for super cheap, on the understanding that it was M42 mount (The seller told me it was a 'screw mount lens'). When I received it I was a bit thrown off guard, I have never seen a mount like this before... is it some kind of telescope mount? There seems to be no thread on the outside of the metal, and just the thread with a cut-out on the inside... If anybody could enlighten me it would be much appreciated! Thanks Smile

EDIT: Sorry, the images didn't seem to upload, I have uploaded to imgur instead.. imgur.com/a/fyBkS

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti anti spamin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your lens is the one with the "chrome eared" aperture ring then it is a t-mount lens.

More info:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/soligor-400mm-f6-3.html

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The imgurl show weird nose transmission.. Some proprietary mount maybe md

But it just looks weird as if someone used a dremel to mold the mount lines, very unclean

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone seems to have removed the entire mount section of the rear tube on this lens.
At one time it was probably a T-mount, but it certainly isn't now.
M42? The seller was smoking something.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cut-out on the inside is the guide for the focus helical follower.
This lens was well-butchered.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good if you could post some better pics (you can post here in the thread now) of the end of the lens, and of the lens so we can see which model it is.
However from what I can see there seems to be some sort of diy'ed extension tube on the t-mount, this should unscrew.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome AngrySTyro

Yes please more photos -- one of entire lens, please, I think the tripod mount has been removed, the rear tube with the mount unscrewed gone missing -- I think you have only the front of the lens -- shouldn't that rear element be more recessed?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Soligor 400 / 6.3. Not the best view to see the mount, but the very back is the plastic M42 cap, which is on the T Mount, which also screws off the back of the lens. This is how they should be, although the T Mounts come in various camera mounts.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thank you for the replies, and the link to that forum thread marcusBMG. According to the thread this is the Kino version, which is T-mount. Yes, the tripod mount for this has been removed, which is annoying... I have uploaded a few more pics here (apologies for the quality, I only have a potato of an old iphone for shots like these). It isn't looking good at this stage, as nothing I am looking at on the net about T-mount lenses looks anything like this... it seems like somebody may have hacked this up.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens is all there apart from the TM, as is the T-mount but the thread has been taken off and the shiny extra tube added. Looks like it was done for a push fit to something.
If the extra shiny tube comes off (or it could be cut off - right at the junction between the shiny section and the stripped thread section) then the lens can be resurrected by eg gluing on a t-mount bayonet. But it might well be glued too.
As is it would be possible to attach a mount to the end but the lens won't focus to infinity, except perhaps on short registration distance mirrorless cameras.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Tue May 03, 2016 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back end with T Mount removed.