Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TOPCOR 9cm/F3.5 M39/LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: TOPCOR 9cm/F3.5 M39/LTM Reply with quote

Found this lens in one of my boxes: Tokyo Kogaku Japan Topcor 1:3.5 f=9cm No. 14289 in M39/LTM (hidden in a little leather box).
Don't know much about it. Actually nothing. Very Happy
If my memory serves me right, I bought it some years ago somewhere on a flea market. Never used it till now.

Picture of the lens:

Picture taken with the lens (Ricoh GXR-M with Ricoh GF-1 flash):

100% crop:

I would say that it is usable. Nothing for the waste. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, I've been looking for one of them, if you ever want to sell it, I'll be interested.
http://forum.mflenses.com/my-current-most-wanted-list-of-lenses-t69008.html#1416155
http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/Topconclub/lens6.htm
Translated: http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww003.upp.so-net.ne.jp%2FTopconclub%2Flens6.htm

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Nice find, I've been looking for one of them, if you ever want to sell it, I'll be interested.
http://forum.mflenses.com/my-current-most-wanted-list-of-lenses-t69008.html#1416155
http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/Topconclub/lens6.htm
Translated: http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww003.upp.so-net.ne.jp%2FTopconclub%2Flens6.htm

Thanks for the information. Mine is looking like almost new including the finder and the original leather bag. However, original lens shade and front lens cap are unfortunately missing. I am not too sure whether I will sell it in the foreseeable future. My first tests with it have been very promising. I will see how it compares to my Leica Elmarit 90mm/2.8 or some other LTM lenses of comparable focus length.
However, when and if I want to give it away I will ask you first.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, rare gem of a lens, congrats. amazing that it could be found on a flea market.. in Austria?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
wow, rare gem of a lens, congrats. amazing that it could be found on a flea market.. in Austria?

Yes, in our home country. I've planned to visit some flea markets again, since I've seen that the prices exploded dramatically for such old stuff. Maybe I am in luck again.
Some years ago I found on a flea market in Leobersdorf an "Olympia Cremina" Espresso machine from the late 1960's, which is a very rare and expensive Swiss product and is still in production more or less hand-made in Switzerland. I paid 20 Euros for it including all original accessories although I never saw anything like that before, i.e. at that time I didn't know what I was buying. However, when I realized later on what I have found, I was more than happy. This machine is still responsible for my everyday espresso and you can buy it nowadays for approximately 3.600 Euros including accessories. That was definitely the deal of my life. I just had to clean it and in the meantime I also changed the seals once. I think this machine will do it until I die. Wink
Compared to that, the lens was not even exciting...... To be honest, I am naturally happy that I have found this lens too.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What a great buy,the expresso machine I mean....do you have a photo of it? The lens is cool as well and very pretty but I think the expresso machine may be even prettier. Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now you have it Thomas: I invite myself to your home for a good cup of espresso Wink and we can check out some of our lenses at the time Wink
Since years I have not been in Austria in the season when flea markets are held, this year I may and hope to make it to one or two.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Shocked What a great buy,the expresso machine I mean....do you have a photo of it? The lens is cool as well and very pretty but I think the expresso machine may be even prettier. Cool

Sorry for the "not so good" pictures but I just made them rather quick and dirty and I didn't clean the machine for that:

I've just realized, that I will have to change the sealings of the brewing head in the foreseeable future...

The present model looks a bit more fashionable but is technically more or less the same. Instead of the light for the indication of the right pressure the present one is equipped with an analog manometer. Just google for it. It's rather easy to find. Compared to the small Pavoni's which are made only for home use, this model is rather for more professional use as you can leave it powered on the whole day as long as you don't care about your energy costs. The Pavoni, which looks more funny, would explode sooner or later in this case. Wink
I gave my Pavoni's away. I had two of them (Professional and Piccolo). The Olympia is another league. Heavy duty!
In addition I've got an "Rancilio" mill, where I can FRESHLY grind my ITALIAN coffee for every cup of espresso. The Olympia mill would be over 1.000 Euros and there is not much difference. Maybe it will last longer. But the Rancilio is also rather professional.
That's it! There is no better way to do it as long as you know how to handle and use such a machine. Trust me! Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
now you have it Thomas: I invite myself to your home for a good cup of espresso Wink and we can check out some of our lenses at the time Wink
Since years I have not been in Austria in the season when flea markets are held, this year I may and hope to make it to one or two.

Could be discussed further..... Wink

I think it's somehow too late anyway. The good times seem to be gone as everybody is checking nowadays via the internet all the prices and the demand. However, If I can manage to wake up early next Sunday I will definitely check for the flea market in Eisenstadt and will see how the present situation is. I haven't been there for a long time too. The big one in Vienna you can forget anyway as there are too many professionals around looking for great stuff already at 04:00 in the morning....
Generally speaking it's better to look for the small markets and also the beneficial ones.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the images,it does look like a great little machine.Its good to see that you also know how to maintain it in good working order.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very envious about this lens, wow! Surprised

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I'm very envious about this lens, wow! Surprised

Most Topcor lenses are like this, which explains the 11 of them in my collection. Smile
Here's a shot with the SLR version, the Topcor R 90/3.5

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first Topcor a few days ago - the 5cm f/3.5. It has better contrast compared so similar lenses from the same period and it draws pretty nice.

Last edited by Nordentro on Sun May 24, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones Lars, worth the investment! I see that and the 9cm often in Japan

P.S.: why not make another thread and place the pics there, here those get overlooked as it is about the 9cm lens?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I have not seen any of the Simlar or Topcor m39 lenses discussed on this forum that I can recall.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another picture from my 9cm Topcor lens taken with my GXR-M at F5.6 (no PP!):

100% crop:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another test with my 9cm lens used on my A850 (FF/24MP/90mm FOV) more or less in rather "macro"-mode. That would correspond to approximately 15mm extension tube on the Ricoh (APS-C/12MP/135mm FOV) above.

The result is not bad either for an approximately 60 years old lens:

Full picture without PP:

100% crop of above:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my today's dog walk. All pictures shot with the Topcor 90/3.5 and the Ricoh GXR-M.
Only downsized and exposure corrected in LR.
Original KMZ Industar-50 lens shade was used (received today from Ukraine). Wink

And a 100% crop:

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, I like them all. I will try to get this lens to but it is probably rare and expensive?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Nice samples, I like them all. I will try to get this lens to but it is probably rare and expensive?

Not in Japan Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rare, the SLR version, which uses the same optics is somewhat more common, but still hard to find, Keven's cameras has 3 on eBay, and not very cheap, one was sold on this site, and I bought one off eBay for much less then what Keven is selling his for.

The Topcor/Simlar LTM lenses are mostly rare, except for the 50/2's, I have a silver Topcor-S 50/2 that is wonderful, I also have a 35/2.8, sadly it has issues with the cover glass in my A7r so the corners are not as good as I was expecting.

tb_a, more nice shots, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Not in Japan Wink

That's if they want to sell.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking several hundreds then?