Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lanthar 50 / 2.8. ( Hacked from Voightlander Vito. )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Lanthar 50 / 2.8. ( Hacked from Voightlander Vito. ) Reply with quote

One of my better hacks, from a dead Voightlander Vito C. A lot of Vito's seem to have a Colour Skopar so a Lanthar on a Vito for £1 at a charity shop seemed a good deal.
The real hack is mounting it on a helicoid made from a Zuiko 50 1.8 with terminal fungus, and a NEX to C Mount adapter, which all works surprisingly well. I'm very pleased with it.

I have done a bit of PP on these pictures, a tiny bit of sharpening on a couple, but very little really, mainly a bit of contrast and clarity. Shot at ISO 320 and either wide open at 2.8 or one stop down at 3.5.

My usual bokeh test, the holly tree in the background makes intense small highlights which always makes great bubble bokeh when the sun shines on it which it wasn't today. But there is a bit of swirly bokeh there.

Last edited by Lloydy on Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result seems pretty decent to me. I should try my Color-Lanthar when the weather is good.

BTW, I never heard they make any Apo Lanthar 50 / 2.8?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, it's just a Lanthar. Embarassed