Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best Konica film camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Best Konica film camera Reply with quote

I am looking for pro Konica film camera, any experience and recommendation.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the T4 as best in show and can operate without a battery (battery
for meter, only) which was a big plus. Has all the features of its bigger
full-bodied brethren, too. YMMV, of course.

To compare feature sets of Konica bodies:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eT4Haupt.html

That link is a goldmine of Konica info.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Konica film camera Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am looking for pro Konica film camera, any experience and recommendation.

Hi Attila!

I have so many of the beasts it is embarrassing! The T4 was just a TC variant, and the leatherette tends to shrink back like receding gums 0 very ugly... and the FP / FS / FT series (I have at least one of each) is wonderful but VERY prone to 'gunk leak' under the hood, which gums up the electronics beneath the top cover - usually the motor works but the shutter won't fire - worst on FS-1 but FT-1 has its own issues - usually with the LED metering! The MOST SOLID and dependable of mine is the T3 - a full size built like tank wonder! It has simple metering which does not rely on LCD's and you can get a great one (even in sexy black) for about 20-50 dollars in near mint (though many sellers have 150 dollar plus 'buy it nows' and many seem to sell...) - and the leatherette does not shrink back like the TC / T4 series. I love mine.... Doug

Click here to see on Ebay - for typical FT-1 meter failure....

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Doug!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you want to shoot. For 35mm there are a number of bodies out there here is an overview of the 35mm line.

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eKonicaStart.html

If you want to shoot 120 there is the Koni (Konica) Rapid Omega rangefinder which is said to have the sharpest lenses, beating out Hasselblad and others.

These are pro cameras, 6x7 format.(They are very ugly too)

They are very inexpensive, the lenses are fairly inexpensive and it’s a great jump into 120 shooting.

Google "Koni Rapid Omega" for many sites.

There are also several on eBay

Jules

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lot of 35mm Konica lenses I would use them.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexanons lenses are a great election.

They are near the best in the normal and short tele space.

The 1,7/50 (no MC) is a lens that let you get more than 100 pair of lines in ISO 400. The MC is much contrastier but less resoltion power (@85 p/l/mm).

The 1,8/28 is a dream. Fast, sharp and with great contrast.

The 1,8/85 is really a leica lens. Yes, is a summicron's brother (chapest but not less good).

The camera tha I like is the T3, very solid and smooth. Only be carefull with the shutter, prove it much times till buy one, and move quickly.

Good election. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Another T3 endorsement! Reply with quote

Yep, the Autoreflex T3 seems to be the best of the bunch - its solidity is something to behold, and it just feels wondeful in the hand.

I find that if the camera feels good, then my shots improve, whereas no matter how technically superior a camera might be (like my early Pentax *istD) it never felt 'right' and the 'inferior' *istDL did - and I took better pictures with it!

Strange but true, the subjective heft of a camera makes a considerable difference!

Doug

estudleon wrote:
Hexanons lenses are a great election.

They are near the best in the normal and short tele space.

The 1,7/50 (no MC) is a lens that let you get more than 100 pair of lines in ISO 400. The MC is much contrastier but less resoltion power (@85 p/l/mm).

The 1,8/28 is a dream. Fast, sharp and with great contrast.

The 1,8/85 is really a leica lens. Yes, is a summicron's brother (chapest but not less good).

The camera tha I like is the T3, very solid and smooth. Only be carefull with the shutter, prove it much times till buy one, and move quickly.

Good election. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another T3 endorsement! Reply with quote

[quote="nemesis101"]
I find that if the camera feels good, then my shots improve, whereas no matter how technically superior a camera might be (like my early Pentax *istD) it never felt 'right' and the 'inferior' *istDL did - and I took better pictures with it!

Strange but true, the subjective heft of a camera makes a considerable difference!

Doug

I agree with you. The art is the medium too.

If you feel that you're making art when you have the camera in your hands, and you feel that you love it, you are in the way, no?