Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 2/35 SSC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Canon FD 2/35 SSC Reply with quote

Today's outing was to a village nearby for a craft fair. Lots of images from there with a different lens, but on the way home stopped in the township of Wingham.
A couple of snaps.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lens, almost a L disguised in my opinion. Well done.
Happy shots!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before in another thread: these FD lenses surprise me more and more, in a positive way, lately.

Your shots show it again!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,all the FD/SSC 35/2.0 lenses do very good on the APS-C annd FF.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
It is an enjoyable lens to use - like most FD's
Here are a few more
OH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the colors,did you go and see the bat colony?that's if its still up there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I love the colors,did you go and see the bat colony?that's if its still up there.

Too wet and too smelly in Wingham Brush Mo. There is a large bat colony here in Port Macquarie that lives in the trees around Kooloonbung Creek. There is a long board walk through the mangroves and it is a very pleasant outing. Starts right beside the historic cemetry.
Yesterday would have been just as wet there too.
Thanks for the kind words
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing but sunshine down here,we need the rain badly. I vaguley remember the boardwalk or something similar at Wingham,I think it was just being established when I was there.

Now back to the lens,there have been a few of those lenses on ebay recently and they do tempt me.Canon produced some lovely lenses over the years,I personally like the FL styling.Do you think it will be a keeper?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Nothing but sunshine down here,we need the rain badly. I vaguley remember the boardwalk or something similar at Wingham,I think it was just being established when I was there.

Now back to the lens,there have been a few of those lenses on ebay recently and they do tempt me.Canon produced some lovely lenses over the years,I personally like the FL styling.Do you think it will be a keeper?

Yes, definitely a keeper. I have other 35mm lenses that I also like, but this one has a familiarity to it from the FD range. In my film days I used Canon FTb and EF with FD lenses, and the mechanical habits of focus and aperture are ingrained into my muscle memory I suppose Laughing
FL lenses are also very good and I have a couple which I like.
Kind regards
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens I had in past too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some further examples from this very nice lens
OH