Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

60-300mm brands and makers ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: 60-300mm brands and makers ;) Reply with quote

Hi !

Tamron made their own 60-300, and never rebranded it (as far as i know).
Tokina made his own 60-300mm/1: 4 - 5.6 SZ-X MF (Filter 67), rebranded into Soligor, Promaster...

BUT i seen 60-300mm 4 - 5.6 (Filter 62) witch are rebranded lenses, and from an unknown maker (some website said Samyang but...).
Those brands are Sirius, Sears, Maginon...

Any idea about those (Filter 62) 60-300mm 4 - 5.6 ?
Quality, maker...
Thanks ! Wink

PS : add to the fun i just seen Sirius with 67 filter too, Tokina made

Last edited by gLOW-x on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read those are Samyang as well. Read the reviews of the Sears 60-300 claiming it's quite good.

But I have the Tamron SP 23A, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it, as it's superb given its zoom range. It can be found still for a reasonable amount on fleabay, so it's not worth chancing on the Samyang. (Unless it's going for peanuts.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
I read those are Samyang as well. Read the reviews of the Sears 60-300 claiming it's quite good.

But I have the Tamron SP 23A, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it, as it's superb given its zoom range. It can be found still for a reasonable amount on fleabay, so it's not worth chancing on the Samyang. (Unless it's going for peanuts.)

The problem I am too often encountering with the Tamron 23A lenses is separation of the rear group. But it is a great lens, no argument on that, if you can find an intact one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had about a dozen tamron 60-300mm pass through my hands and never seen rear group separation, that is an issue with the mirrors however. One problem I have seen is the mechanical locking into macro mode becoming sticky/not working (the impressive 1:1.55 magniification, yes better than the 1:2 of many dedicated macro lenses, being one of the 23A's big selling points).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another problem is the asked price rising up, too Wink

I was so bored trying to find one 23A around 50 euros shipped i JUST bought a Tokina 100-300 f4 for 100 euros shipped.
It is twice the price, but worth it. And less time/energy lost running fleabay war Wink

Tokina/Promaster/Soligor 67mm filter seems to deliver. It can be a good alternative to 23A, as an hidden gem.
1:4 macro only, it seems. But very sharp.

There is a nice test/review on this forum :
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-c-d-zoom-macro-mc-60-300mm-f-4-5-6-t67225.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine had a Tokina 60-300mm f/4-5.6 35mm Zoom in Canon FD mount that was for sale a while back, it was in excellent condition, still had the box and paperwork. If it's a lens that would suit you, and postage from the UK to wherever you are wouldn't be too expensive I'll see if he still has it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get you a 23A for fifty euros gLOW-x just say the word.