Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What would you pay for this lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: What would you pay for this lens? Reply with quote

Hey good shutterbugs! Can you help me with coming up with a fair price for this lens;
Nikon 135mm f2 AI-S
* glass is near perfect, no fungus
* body shows heavy photojournalist use
* focusing is next to frozen
What would you pay for this beast?

Thanks in advance and good shooting to you all!
~925-shutterbug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all depend if you can fix it yourself or found a repair man.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 USD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Nikon will still service it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you pay for this lens? Reply with quote

925_shutterbug wrote:
Hey good shutterbugs! Can you help me with coming up with a fair price for this lens;
Nikon 135mm f2 AI-S
* glass is near perfect, no fungus
* body shows heavy photojournalist use
* focusing is next to frozen
What would you pay for this beast?

Thanks in advance and good shooting to you all!
~925-shutterbug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened and cleaned/regreased the Nikkor ais 24/2.8, 28/2, 50/1.4, 105/2.5, 105/1.8. They are all very similar in their mechanic construction and once you opened and cleaned one it s easy to do the others, i think the 135/2 is not an exception. A good thing is that to relube them you don t need to touch the optical construction.
Keep in mind though that a very stiff focusing could also be the result of some damage.