Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xmas Lights
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Xmas Lights Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for invading my post....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that the 3d title made them think it was an invitation to contribute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I'm sorry. What Ultrapix said is what happened in my case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT third title??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread title, the title of the topic "Xmas lights"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because English is my first language I do not understand why Xmas lights would indicate a free for all,however there are a number of new members who may not be aware of how members respect each other,manners are becoming a thing of the past.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, since this is your thread, kryss. Sorry for stepping on your lawn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a little funny though that a thread on a forum cannot be home to multiple posts from different people. If the original poster 'owned' every thread, we'd not hear too many opinions or see too many photos would we? I view it less as a free for all and more akin to normal forum posting behaviour. If posting other photos counts as rude, then perhaps we need to redifne what rude means. Anyone is free to comment on the photos the OP posted. No one is preventing that.

But...whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secludedsea wrote:
It is a little funny though that a thread on a forum cannot be home to multiple posts from different people. If the original poster 'owned' every thread, we'd not hear too many opinions or see too many photos would we? I view it less as a free for all and more akin to normal forum posting behaviour. If posting other photos counts as rude, then perhaps we need to redifne what rude means. Anyone is free to comment on the photos the OP posted. No one is preventing that.

But...whatever.

Like 1 small Thanks for stating it better than I could. Being one of those with bad manners, I didn't wish to escalate with my rebuttal given so close to the holiday season. I personally enjoy the shared photos from the fine photographers here, and appreciate everyone's contributions. That's all I care to say on the matter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
secludedsea wrote:

But...whatever.

Like 1 small Thanks for stating it better than I could. Being one of those with bad manners, I didn't wish to escalate with my rebuttal given so close to the holiday season. I personally enjoy the shared photos from the fine photographers here, and appreciate everyone's contributions. That's all I care to say on the matter.

I'm with you two here, it did strike me a bit odd as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber wrote:
WNG555 wrote:
secludedsea wrote:

But...whatever.

I'm with you two here, it did strike me a bit odd as well.

Agreed. I guess we can't post in someone else's thread unless specifically stated, right? Not unless we want to be rude. Not trying to start a flamewar, but I'm not really following the rationale. Didn't think it was bad manners. Bad manners, for me, would be uncalled for teasing or abuse in a thread. But posting photos? I don't get it. Can someone clarify?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came into this thread expecting to see lots of xmas photos by the many members of this forum.

I find it odd that this thread instead belongs to one member and others are not welcomed to share.

Wouldn't personal threads be in the Gallery section?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
I came into this thread expecting to see lots of xmas photos by the many members of this forum.

I find it odd that this thread instead belongs to one member and others are not welcomed to share.

Wouldn't personal threads be in the Gallery section?

That's what I was thinking, but I don't wanna start any trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that all replies are from new members so let me explain, the threads are open for posts by anyone however it is not considered by me right for a member to take it upon themselves to invite everyone to post.I enjoy and look forward to members posts,what I take offence to is for someone to assume the right to takeover another members post.I would have agreed a suggestion for others to post but it would of been nice to have been asked.Judging by the comments I hope we are not going to have a long standing Forum decline into a free for all because newer members think it is like Facebook,quite a few regular members are no longer posting and if this forum is Hijacked by younger members with similar comments posted on this thread a lot more established members could leave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that not one of you complaining is a supporting member Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, interesting discussion as I had such happening a lot of times too.
I honestly think it is NOT really clear if or if not other member are invited
to add their contributions (pics) or not.

The title should clearly indicate that and invitation is welcome...I guess Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw. Kryss, which lens(es) did you use for your bokeh shots??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Because English is my first language I do not understand why Xmas lights would indicate a free for all,however there are a number of new members who may not be aware of how members respect each other,manners are becoming a thing of the past.

Clearlly your manners are lacking. If members leave perhaps its because people like you have managed to deter them. Just how precious are you? If you don't want posters to contribute then state so in the title. Easy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name for Brit's like you slips my memory. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Interesting that not one of you complaining is a supporting member Rolling Eyes

Clearly, we are going to have to agree to disagree. Posting photos in a thread on a forum seems rather inoffensive to me. It is not at all like Facebook. In what way was it taking over? In what way was it hijacking a thread? The OP posted some photos and others followed. Now, one could see it as some sort of offensive takeover, but this assumes some malicious intent to do so. From another perspective, one could also view it as simply like minded folk posting their own xmas photos. If there is some sort of sticky that I have not read with rules specific to this forum, then please point me to it. If the rule is unspoken, please consider making it a sticky, though I'm not entirely sure how you would word it: "original posters own their own threads and should not expect others to post photos within it, lest it be regarded as offensive or rude".
I've seen plenty of threads where someone posts a sample photo and others then post similar photos with similar lenses. If there was abuse and rudeness, then I could understand.
Now, maybe it wasn't that type of thread, but it seems to me that it's essentially innocuous forum behaviour very common to every forum I've been to across a wide range of topics. This is hardly Facebook. Very different platform and behaviour.
Again, if there is some rule regarding this that has been stickied, please point it out, and I will gladly stand corrected. If it is an unspoken rule, then I'm here to tell you that you'll probably want to make it a clearly worded sticky post because you'll likely get a bunch of new members posting comments and photos in threads.

Anyway, I'm done with the discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
The name for Brit's like you slips my memory. Rolling Eyes

Great way to encourage people to sign up to post here. I had no idea this forum was so precious.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Happy holidays to you too!

Quote:
Interesting that not one of you complaining is a supporting member

technically you are not one either.. you expired 6 months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll close this thread and will clean it up later on.
I see no sense to let it run this downward slope Wink

Thanks guys.