Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor MC28 2.5 yellow tint
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rokkor MC28 2.5 yellow tint Reply with quote

I just bought a Rokkor MC 28mm 2.5 . After some test shots I notice a yellowish tint. I can remove it with LR but I think that I am also loosing half a stop.

I read that the element which is radioactive is in the middle of the lens and it makes the removal of the tint more difficult.

Does anybody has some experience with this ?
Is there any method without sunlight ?

Thanks for you help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and solved the yellowing problem like this:-

http://forum.mflenses.com/fast-lens-de-yellowing-without-a-uv-lamp-t68896.html

A year later, it's still as clear as a bell. Smile

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much !!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started a test with a compact fluorescent(CF) bulb, since they do emit some uv, it should work in theory.
I had previously attempted curing my MC SI 28/2.5 by exposing the front side to the sun and tinfoil in the rear cap, it did get better, but not much, so I'm going to try the CF on the rear elements and see if there is a change over night, and then the nest few days.
I never really found my lenses yellowing to be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rokkor MC28 2.5 yellow tint Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
I just bought a Rokkor MC 28mm 2.5 . After some test shots I notice a yellowish tint. I can remove it with LR but I think that I am also loosing half a stop.

I read that the element which is radioactive is in the middle of the lens and it makes the removal of the tint more difficult.

Does anybody has some experience with this ?
Is there any method without sunlight ?

Thanks for you help.

Yes, i have some experience Wink. Around 2009 i left my MC-X Rokkor 2.5/28mm for 2-3 weeks in the sunlight (back end towards the sun). The yellowing was substantially reduced, and the lens still OK today.

Stephan