Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Heavy 20 blade Xenon 1.9/50 info/value
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Heavy 20 blade Xenon 1.9/50 info/value Reply with quote

I have finally received my Xenon 1.9/50. I was ecstatic when I received it. The glass is impeccable except for the expected hazing. The lens is super heavy a la Kine Tessar (brass?) and best surprise if all...it has 20 blades. It is also lacking an auto aperture rig.
Here are some pictures.

So can anyone provide me with more information? I haven't been able to find any lenses like it.
Is it a Kine exakta xenon? How rare or valuable is it? It came on a "Exacta" camera with the "c" spelling and has a note of 1948 on it, but that doesn't mean the lens is. Any information or opinion on my new find would be greatly appreciated,
So I have a better understanding of what I have on my hands!
Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice, I had a Schneider 35/2.8, was a very solid lens, heavy too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, looks very good to me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beauty! Those blades are mesmerizing!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number suggests it was made in 1952.
That's reasonable based on its looks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens must be a very early version of the Xenon. Only preset and automatic aperture are mentioned and dated around 1953 or later. The camera is interesting as well. Have a look here at this excellent site about Exak(c)ta cameras: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/exakta/exakta-serial.html

Cheers,
Jan